- This tray is delivered un-painted and is constructed of mild steel. We recommend painting this tray prior to installation.
- Remove the air intake box, washer bottle, and any other restrictions in LH front corner of the engine bay.
- Set the ORS Battery Relocation Tray in this corner. Using the washer bottle (will be used in it’s stock location) and battery as a guide, find the best location to install the tray. Also be sure to verify hood clearance to the top of the battery.
- Clamp the tray into place. Using the bolt holes in the tray as a guide, mark the location for holes to be drilled in the fender-well. There will be 1 hole in the rear upper corner, 2 in the front side, and 2-3 in the fender below the tray. Remove the tray and drill the mounting holes in the fender-well.
- Bolt the tray in place using the provided hardware.
- If using the tray w/ a built-in tie-down, the battery will be tied down w/ the provided top strap and fasteners.
- If using the Basic tray (no tie-down provisions), drill an additional hole in the fender, behind the tray. This hole can be used for a J-hook. Fabricate a tie-down method, or modify the original tie-down strap and J-hook to secure the battery to the tray. This battery tray will not serve its function if the battery is not fastened from the top w/ a tie-down.