Modifying the T-case
- Remove the shifter, speedometer wire, and unplug other indicator wires from case. Remove the t-case from the vehicle, after draining.
- Remove the 30mm rear output nut.
- Remove the 5 bolt tailhousing.
- Remove the snap ring on the rear bearing. And take out the 12 8mm holding the case halves together
- Remove the 2 detent plugs, springs and balls from the top side of the case.
- Carefully pull out the left side shift rail. Grind the tip of the lever, approximately 1/8” cube that overlaps the right side shift rail.
- Reinstall the lever after grinding.
- Assemble case, leaving out the Interlock pin. This 10mm pin rides between the detents and may still be in the rear case.
Installing the Twin-Stick
- After installing the t-case into the truck, test fit the shifter into the case. Check clearances with other shifters.
- Remove shifter, and bend levers as needed. Do not grip the levers below the pivot. They must be held above the pivot to avoid damage.
- Repeat fitting, and bending as needed, until proper fit is found.
Sealing the Twin-Stick
- Remove the breather and 90 degree fitting. Teflon tape or sealant must be applied to the threads of each, and reinstalled.
- Apply a small mount of silicone sealant to the backside of the nut, and underside of the ½” bolt head. Tighten this bolt just over finger tight, lining up the flats with the base plate.
- Apply silicone to the base of the shifter block, and install to the shifter base plate, then tighten the ¼” socket head bolts.
- Finally silicone the top of the t-case, and install the shifter using the factory hardware.
Front Range Off-Road