For 3VZ-E and 22R-E models
Note: The original 22R-E or 3.0L fuel pump (in-tank) normally works well with the 3.4l engine and can be left in place. However, if a supercharger is used, ORS recommends upgrading to a performance fuel pump. Also, be sure to purge fuel hose w/ compressed air before installation.
- The original fuel supply line (high pressure from fuel tank/pump) enters the engine bay on the passenger side frame rail (on fuel injected models). At this point, there should be a female to female fitting (union). This union is necessary. In some cases, this union was not present as the fuel hose connected via a female fitting. If needed, this fitting can be found through Toyota or ORS, PN 90404-14014. Union installed on fuel line pictured below:
ORS High Pressure Fuel Hose – Full Replacement:
- Remove the original 3.4L high pressure fuel hose from the rear of the fuel rail and discard. Install the provided banjo fitting (blue) in place of the original hose, at the rear of the fuel rail, using the provided gaskets and original banjo bolt. See pic:
- Install the provided blue adapter into the union on the original fuel supply line. Note the orientation of the fitting, it is a compression fitting with different threads at each end. Tighten all fittings.
- Hose w/ Filter: Using the provided clamp, mount the fuel filter on the inner fender above the fuel supply line. Note filter orientation by the inscription on the filter. The shorter hose will be used between the frame supply line and filter, use this as a guide when mounting filter, see pic:
- Route and install the ORS High Pressure Fuel Hose(s) between the adapters (and filter if applicable), tighten all fittings. See pic below:
ORS High Pressure Fuel Hose Extension only:
- Install the blue adapters provided with the fuel high pressure hose into the end of the original 3.4L fuel supply hose (attached to the engine, rear fuel rail) and into the union on the original fuel supply line. Note the orientation of the fittings, they are compression fittings w/ different threads at each end. Tighten all fittings.
- Route the original 3.4L fuel supply hose along the firewall main rail to passenger side of the engine bay. Install the provided high pressure fuel hose to the end of the 3.4L Fuel Hose Extension. Route this hose down the firewall to the line and union below. Connect the high pressure Fuel Hose Extension to the fuel supply line. Tighten all fittings.
- Route the fuel return hose from the port directly under plenum on driver side (or fuel return line exiting the fuel pressure regulator at the rear of the fuel rail, LH side) to the original fuel return line on the firewall, near the RH rear side of engine. Using hose clamps, secure the return hose at both ends. If this hose was not purchased through ORS, 1/4” fuel hose works well.