’86-’95 FRAME 4×4 W/ 22R/22R-E ENGINE ONLY
NOTICE TO CUSTOMER: The final fit of the engine is the sole responsibility of the installer. The installer is responsible for test fitting the engine prior to fully welding these mounts to the vehicle frame. If there is a problem with the engine mounts, it must be addressed with Off Road Solutions prior to welding. Please read and fully understand these instructions before beginning.
NOTE: These mounts are intended for 4×4 models with the upper control arm mount intact, on the top of the frame. These engine mounts are designed to place the drivetrain in the same location as the 3VZ-E 3.0L drivetrain. A V6 or turbo 4-cylinder transmission is required for use with the 3.4L engine. These mounts are designed for use with 1991-1995 3.0L 3VZ-E Truck/4Runner (or select 5VZ-FE Tacoma) engine block brackets mounted to the 3.4L 5VZ-FE engine block.
- Locate the original engine mounts that are welded to the frame. These mounts are placed at the front end of the upper control arm frame mounts (assembly over the top of the frame that the upper control arm mounts to), and span down to the top of the frame rail.
- Remove the engine mounts, leaving the frame rail and upper control arm mounts intact. Smooth the surface with an appropriate grinder or sander.
- Clean the paint from the top and inside of the upper control arm mount assemblies.
- Locate the ORS 3.4L engine mount brackets, they are not side specific. Place the engine mount bracket on top of the upper control arm mount. The inside face of the engine mount bracket should be 1 5/16” (1.325”) from the forward corner of the upper control arm frame mount (see illustration).
- With the engine mount bracket squared on the upper control arm frame mount, tack-weld the engine mount bracket in place. Ensure that the inside face of the engine bracket is still 1 5/16” from the forward corner of the upper control arm frame mount. This can also be verified by checking that the center of the forward hole is still 11/16” from the forward corner of the upper control arm frame mount (see illustration).
- Repeat the last 2 steps on the other side.
- With the engine mount brackets tack-welded in place, test fit the engine. Set the engine on the new mount brackets and tighten using the original engine mount hardware.
- Using whatever methods necessary, be sure that the engine and exhaust will clear the firewall, the fan will clear the radiator, and the oil pan will clear the suspension. Check any other clearances that may be important.
- Remove the engine and make any adjustments and re-checks necessary for proper engine fit.
- Fully weld the engine mount brackets in place. Primer and paint all bare metal.