- Install one adapter into the steering gear or the ABS actuator (if equipped). If using the ABS actuator, the provided gasket is installed between the adapter and the ABS actuator as a seal. If installing the adapter into the steering gear, be sure the gold-colored compression fitting is in place, inside the steering gear port. Tighten the adapter.
- Install the other adapter into the high pressure port of the power steering pump. Make sure the gold-colored compression fitting is in place, inside the pump port. Tighten the adapter.
- On non-ABS models, the 45 degree fitting is the pump end of the hose. Route the provided power-steering high-pressure hose from the pump, under the fan shroud, to the steering gear.
- On ABS models, route the hose from the P/S pump toward the rear of the vehicle, bend the hose to a “U-shape” and route the other end down to the ABS actuator. Install the hose onto the blue adapters and tighten. See illustrations.
- For return hose, route and install the 3/8 oil cooler return hose from the pump to the steering gear or ABS actuator. Tighten with the provided clamps.
- If the ORS ABS actuator x steering gear PS replacement hose is being used (ORS-EC048), repeat this process to replace the original hose between the ABS actuator and the steering gear. Be sure to use the provided gasket to seal the adapter to the actuator. Route this hose along the original high pressure hose brackets, using the provided closed clamps to fasten the hose, see illustration.