High Angle CV Boot Kit (ORS-HB201)
Notice to customer: This High Angle CV Boot Kit is designed to reduce CV boot wear in high angle situations. This part is not designed to fit in the same manner as the OEM CV boot. Special fitting is required for this product to function properly. It is the sole responsibility of the installer to ensure the CV boot fits and functions properly. By installing this product the customer accepts these terms.
Do not wash these CV boots in high-powered solvents, this has been known to damage the boots in rare cases.
Read and understand these instructions before beginning installation. The use of a tensioning tool for “band-it” type CV boot clamps is required for installation.
- Drain the front differential and remove the axle assembly per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove both clamps from the inner CV joint. Slide the CV boot toward the outside of the axle shaft.
- Remove the axle shaft from the inner CV joint per manufacturer’s instructions. Remove any spring clips or snap rings. Remove the inner CV boot from the axle shaft. Do not discard.
- Replace/service the outer CV joint if applicable at this time.
- Carefully clean the inner CV joint and related parts.
- Slide the new high angle CV boot over the axle shaft.
- If the inner CV joint case is not round but “tulip” shape, perform this step. Cut the inner flange from the original CV boot. This is the part that the larger clamp was placed over. Slide this section of the boot over the CV joint case. The high angle CV boot will install directly on top of this piece where the clamp is installed.
- Assemble the CV joint per manufacturer’s instructions, be sure that all snap rings and spring clips are in their proper location. Use one pack of grease in the joint and another in the boot. It is very important to keep the larger sealing surface of the boot and CV joint case clean and dry.
- With the CV joint extended to its middle position, slide the high angle CV boot over the inner joint case and place directly on top of the section of original CV boot. Slide the outer flange (small) of the high angle boot over the axle shaft until it rests in its appropriate machined landing in the axle shaft.
- Slide the inner (larger) flange of the high angle boot along the inner CV joint case until the boot rests at a neutral position. Using a tensioning tool, install the provided CV boot clamps on each end of the high angle CV boot. Once each clamp is tensioned, stake the center of the hole with a hammer and punch and fold the clamp back over itself. Cut off the excess material.
- Ensure that the CV boot will hold firmly in position.
- Install the axle per manufacturer’s instructions and fill the differential with the proper lubricant.