The 22R-E fuel injection system electronics and wiring circuits will have to be installed in your vehicle to make the 22R-E engine swap possible. The Off Road Solutions 22R-E Conversion Wiring Harness will complete the donor vehicle’s engine and transmission control circuits for install into your vehicle, for use with the Toyota 22R-E computer and components.
If a replacement engine wire harness for an OEM/stock setup is required, click here.
From the factory, there are 2 primary parts of the OEM 22R-E fuel injection wiring circuit. The first is the engine wiring harness. This is the harness that is primarily attached to the engine. This is sometimes called the injector harness. This harness connects the engine components such as the fuel injectors, ignition coils, air flow meter, etc. to the engine computer (ECU) and the body harness.
The second part of the 22R-E electronic fuel injection circuit is built into the body wiring, along with the rest of the vehicle’s circuits. The body wiring includes the “under-dash” harness, the engine-bay harness (including fuse box), and even the wiring to the rear. About 40-60% of the 22R-E fuel injection’s wiring circuit is contained in this harness.
We offer our 22R-E Conversion wiring in 2 main formats:
- Our 22R-E Conversion Adapter Harness is designed for applications that have a used, good-condition, intact engine wire harness from a US-based donor vehicle. Our Conversion Adapter Harness will connect directly to the engine wire harness and the ECU, and works along with the donor engine wire harness to fully complete the engine wiring circuit. The Adapter format requires the use of a fully-intact donor engine wire harness that is in good condition.
- Our 22R-E Conversion Engine Wire Harness completely replaces the engine wire harness while also providing the portion of donor engine circuit originally in the body wiring. This harness is a combination of an engine wire harness and an adapter harness and houses 100% of the 22R-E engine circuit in one all-new piece. It is intended for situations when the donor engine wiring is missing, cut or in poor condition.
We accommodate one main recipient vehicle type on most orders, and another recipient type for rare cases, see below:
- Our Stand-Alone version is designed for virtually any vehicle. It works well with carbureted vehicles (20R/22R), other makes, and some race/custom vehicles. This recipient type will be used for most conversions. This version requires that the vehicle has at least a basic electrical system already in place. This basic system must include: start and ignition switch, charging, fuse/battery and gauge circuits. This will connect to the recipient vehicle through some simple splicing (instructions provided). Note that the Stand-Alone version includes a fuel pump power/control circuit. Note: if your vehicle has no wiring body wiring at all see our Monster Harness.
- On the rare occasion that someone is converting a 3VZ-E vehicle to 22R-E, or if someone is installing a 22R-E in their 22R-E vehicle from a different generation, contact ORS to inquire on or order this recipient type.
We offer 2 options regarding the transmission:
- Manual Transmission: Use this option when using a manual transmission. This includes a case where the donor or recipient vehicle was originally auto and the engine setup will now be manual.
- Automatic Transmission: Use this option when using an electronically-controlled Toyota automatic transmission. This includes a case where the recipient was originally manual but is now being converted to an automatic transmission. Like the engine circuit, the transmission control circuit was originally split between the body and engine wiring. The Adapter format will include the portion of the transmission control circuit originally placed in the body wiring and the Engine Wire Harness format will include all-new transmission connections.
Donor vehicle pricing options are for the Adapter format and depend on the engine harness donor application.
This product is built per order, please allow 3-4 weeks for order completion. This time can vary by season, if completion time is crucial, please contact ORS before ordering.
Notice when ordering: Please include the following information in the “Order Notes” box or a separate email when placing your order. If sending a separate email be sure the name on the order will be obvious.
From Donor Vehicle:
- VIN, only if 100% certain of engine origin, OR part numbers requested below
- Toyota ECU part number (8966x-xxxxx)
- For Adapter Harness version: Toyota engine harness part number (82121-xxxxx), this is found on a paper tag near the ECU connections.
- Model Year
- 4WD or 2WD
- Manual or Automatic Transmission
From Your Vehicle:
- For 3VZ-E/22R-E type: VIN
- Year Model
- Original Engine
- Manual or Automatic Transmission (originally)
- Indicate specific transmission to be used in conversion
- 4WD or 2WD
- If 4×4, indicate transfer case application, original to transmission or changed
- Front suspension type (original or modified)
- For 89-95 Truck, 90-95 4Runner, Indicate if ADD (Auto-Hub) system is in use
- Swapped battery location
- Fuel pump location
- ECU location
- EGR system in use?
- Air Injection (AS) system in use?
- A/C system in use?
- Speedometer type?
- OEM (original-type) tachometer in use?
- Any sensors/parts that vary from the provided vehicle application
For select ’85-’90 applications we will need a core connector from your vehicle, this is determined on a case basis, after the order is placed. This core is found on the 22R-E or 3VZ-E ENGINE harness, near the ECU connectors. There are the 2 connectors that join the engine harness to the body/dash harness; one of these may be needed. If the core connector is needed, ORS would send a request with a picture of the connector needed and a pre-paid label file (for print) that can be used to send the core connector to ORS. Note: we will fill the core connector w/ new wire terminals.
There are no reviews yet.